1. Wordless Prayers This is just you sitting in silence listening for God’s voice and guidance. I believe God is also listening to your heart as well. Find a quiet place to sit, maybe put on some headphones, and play a peaceful, worshipful instrumental. Then just sit quietly with God.
2. Singing God’s Words to Him Singing is mentioned over 400 times in the Bible. That’s kind of a big deal. There is also an entire book dedicated to songs filled with (both) rejoicing and lament to God that made it into the Biblical canon.
Make a prayer-filled playlist and sing the words to God, or sing songs from your heart to him.
3. Drifting Prayers (as you go to sleep) Have you ever started talking with God while you lay across your bed before going to sleep? Your mind is quieting, and your thoughts are settling. Try saying a prayer to God right then. It’s OK if you fall asleep as you do.
4. Guided Prayers You can read someone else’s written words to God and still mean them with all your heart. Just because you didn’t author the words doesn’t mean the words have no meaning. Reading guided prayers or praying scriptures is a powerful way to pray when you struggle to find words to say.
5. Prayer Journaling This is as simple as grabbing a pen and paper and starting to write as if you’re sending words straight to God’s throneroom – because you are! Let it all out on paper – I’m certain God hears your heart.
6. Prayer Walking Go out for a walk and talk with Jesus. Talk about whatever you want! Pray for your neighbors, your family, or over an issue you’re wrestling with. Pray and cry if you have to. You can even walk and listen in silence. There are no rules to this – just get outside, go for a walk and pray.
Those are just a few ways to jumpstart your thoughts around where you can insert intentional times of prayer into your life as you cultivate a prayer practice.
Let me know if any of these stand out to you or if you try something you’ve never tried before.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.