Needle Movers for Social Equity
Moving the needle of social equity by closing the gap between the American majority population & people of color in education, personal finance, and community.
Stay connected with us.
“I believe that with God, we can significantly close the equality gap in America one person and one community at a time.” ~Deanna
Our desire is to come alongside schools, churches, organizations, corporations, and communities in order to help them create and sustain cultures and practices that support racial equality.
Because this is such a tremendous undertaking, we’ve chosen to focus on closing the equity gap in three areas: Education, Income & Personal Finance, and Bridging Community.
- Provide support to schools, educators, and parents to close academic gaps.
- Provide diversity and inclusion training opportunities.
- Help schools develop and implement a culture of diversity and inclusion by providing long-term support.
- Employment identification and readiness programs.
- Salary negotiation training.
- Entrepreneurship training.
- Wealth building programs.
- Diversity & Inclusion training/long-term support for employers.
- Closing the communication gap between the majority popuation and people of color.
- Create opportunities for safe small group discussions.
- Empower small groups to mobilize around our equity pillars within their local communities.
My friend Claudia Cometa of Peace Advocacy Group asked me and Needle Movers Board Member La’Kita Williams of CoCreate Work to hop on a call to share some of our insights on racism, social inequity, and right movement.
“How can I help my kids and grandkids be better than just ‘good?’ Thank you for doing this.” ~M. Blase
“We need to teach our kids how to identify bias and what to do with it!” ~L. Bonnema
“So many of us want to deny it (racism) and pretend that it doesn’t exist. This is real and serious. We have to tackle it. And it starts with US!” ~S. Abete